Thursday, November 26, 2009

Gratitiude


Happy Thanksgiving! The year has literally flown by, so much has happened in this past year. Some good some bad and some in between, but through it all God is so faithful. He has never left me nor has He forsaken me, I truly have a lot to be grateful for. That being said, my sinful heart battles against being grateful. My circumstances may not be what I would have envisioned for my life and all of the trials that I have endured for the last year would probably not have been my first choice, but I know that God is so much bigger than what I go through and He is faithful to the very end. (Philippians 1:6)

I have to preach the gospel to myself daily and I have to remind myself constantly how good God has been to me. I liked what James MacDonald had to say on the subject of gratitude;

"Gratitude unlocks the fullness of life. It turns what we have into enough and more. It turns denial into acceptance, chaos into order, confusion into clarity. It can turn a meal into a feast, a house into a home, a stranger into a freind. Gratitude makes sense of our past, brings peace for today, and creates a vision for tomorrow."

I have so much to be grateful for, the fact that I am an adopted child of God and that He has rescued me from Hell itself and has paid in full the price of my sin through His Son Jesus and I am a co-heir with Christ. Those thoughts alone should inspire great shouts of thanks and praise to the One who is totally worthy!

No comments: