Friday, February 6, 2009

I Choose To Trust


I am totally amazed at God's faithfulness, He is so great at comforting us in our times of trial. This morning the Lord was speaking to me through a devotion by James MacDonald over at Walk In The Word. It came via the Our Journey devotional, thought I'd share it with you. Be encouraged today! God really is in control.

Trust is the antidote to anxiety; it's the resolution of worry and the destruction of fear. Trust is the act of my will to give my burdens to God. It's like a muscle-as you exercise it, trust gets stronger.

Trust is walking forward moment by moment, having rolled your burden onto God. You've no doubt said, "I gave it back to God once, but here it is again in my grip." When you sense that you have taken it back again, get back on your knees , get the burden back on God, get on your feet again and continue to trust.

When you off-load your burden onto God, you can pick up a promise from His Word. Second Peter 1:4 tells us that "He has granted to us His precious and very great promises, so that through them you ma become partakers of the divine nature, having escaped from the corruption that is in this world." There are literally hundreds of promises that apply to your specific burden. God's Word is filled with treasure.

I'm claiming Isaiah 41:10 right now for a burden I am leaving at God's feet: "fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand." There it is! God is doing this whole thing with one hand tied behind His back. He's not stressed or strained. He's not worried about what to do. He has absolutely no capacity limits!

Isaiah continues, "For I, the Lord your God, hold your right hand; it is I who say to you, 'Fear not, I am the one who helps you'" (v.13)

Take a moment to read that awesome promise again. Trust means you anchor your heart in the reality of God's awareness of your situation. He sees more than you can ever see. God who loves you and is committed to you, will not disappoint you now or in the future if you put your weight fully on Him. - James MacDonald

Great thoughts, even greater truth. God is an ever present help in time of need!

No comments: