Saturday, February 28, 2009

The Great News of Romans 8:32!


I was awakened this morning with a wonderful reminder during my quiet time. The Lord has really been using Romans 8:32 in my life lately, in my reading of Future Grace by John Piper and then this morning while reading a devotional by James MacDonald.
I am truly blown away by God's faithfulness and how he uses great books..especially the one that He wrote! and men of God who communicate the truth so very well. He is truly good and gracious and loving toward His children, I'm so thankful that my Father won't ever abandon me or leave me to figure things out on my own. He's good at taking care of me, I am so very thankful for that.

Here is the entry from Our Journey by James MacDonald;

God Is For You! Romans 8:31-34

Romans 8:31-34 is the best news of the day. Who's going to take you on with God standing beside you? What problem is too big? What enemy too strong? God is for you!

God is for you- He gave His Son for you. His pure, spotless, perfect Son took upon Himself the punishment for your sins and for mine. There's no gift better than that.

Since God has already given you His best, won't He also hear your prayer for anything less/ Having an infinite capacity to give and having already given His best, there's nothing you can ask from God that isn't incredibly, insignificantly less than what He's already given. That's why we come before the throne with boldness and confidence when we ask anything of Him, because "how will he not also....graciously give us all things?"

God is for you- He defends you. "Who shall bring any charge against God's elect?" Who can accuse us? Who can tear us down before God? God is the one who justifies. He's the Judge. He drops the gavel and makes the final decision. "Who is to condemn? Christ Jesus is the one who died-more than that, who was raised-who is at the right hand of God, who indeed is interceding for us." He knows all about us-every secret insecurity, every private struggle. And rather than condemn us, Jesus Christ prays for us. Doesn't that truth alone cause your spirit to rise up in grateful confidence?

God is for you-He helps you.
Hebrews 13:5-6 says, "For he has said, "I will never leave you nor forsake you.'So we can confidently say, 'The Lord is my helper.'" Your security is not in the stock market, nor in a successful carreer, nor in wise family decisions, nor in your own abilities. All those things can vanish in a moment. Your best thing is God is for you- James MacDonald

Let the truth of that sink into your heart today, that no matter what you may be facing. God is for you and He will never let you face anything on your own!

www.walkintheword.com

No comments: