Thursday, December 25, 2008

Merry Christmas!!


Merry Christmas to everyone! I hope that it was a blessed time of reflection and fond memories and most importantly that you had a chance to dwell on the miraculous incarnation. It truly is amazing that God would condescend toward us and come into the world in the most humble way, as one of us.

I was looking through "The Normal Christian Life" this morning by Watchman Nee. I came across a very profound thought, that in all of God's dealings with us it has been and is through substitution, Jesus was condemned in my place to secure not only forgiveness but also to secure a right relationship with the Father. When God looks at me He sees His son that came one evening in the form of a little baby.

Jesus grew up and experienced everything that we experience as human beings. He absorbed the full wrath of God for His glory and secured right standing with God for us. This was true love, self sacrificing love, love like I have never before experienced.
I am truly thankful for Jesus this year, as rough as it has been Jesus is and always will be faithful. Heb 13:5-6.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

that's a great book. thanks for sharing those thoughts and the verse from Hebrews.

i hope you have a very nice Christmas today! :)

Ron Reffett said...

Hey Emily!

I've just started scraping the surface on it, I picked it up based on one of your posts a while back. I've only read one other book by Nee and so far I think this one will be a worthy read.

I hope that your Christmas was very nice as well, non-eventful hopefully! :)
Thanks for your encouraging comments
Blessings
Ron