Saturday, May 10, 2008

Random Thoughts and a Faulty View of Sin

I have a faulty view of sin, I long to know that righteousness that satisfies my inner man. I'm a pharisee, I'm better known for what I'm against than what I'm for.
Jesus enjoyed life even though life was difficult for him. I need a deeper view inside of myself, I want to have the view of Paul, "wretched man that I am! Who will deliver me from this body of death? Thanks be to God through Jesus Christ our Lord!"

When I have a wrong view of sin, I have a wrong view of holiness. I become a self righteous jerk! I see people that don't measure up to my standards I place myself in God's position, I lack humility, pride is what I exhibit.

When Isaiah saw the holiness of God, he immediately saw his own sinfulness and cried out "woe to me! I am ruined. (Isaiah 6:5)

I don't want to be conformed to a system, I want true holiness that conforms me to Christ likeness and develops in me my own individuality; the splendor of His holiness (Psalm 29:2) I can't imitate that, it has to be imparted (Colossians 1;27; Galatians 2:20) Let that happen in me Lord Jesus!!

No comments: